Pages

Monday, January 28, 2013

The tv show that I wish never ended…#boostyourblog

This may sound rather silly, but I the tv show I wish never ended is Tiny Toon Adventures.  My brother and I used to watch it every afternoon when we got home from school.  It was similar to Looney Toons but with updated characters more geared toward 'modern' kids.  I remember part of their theme song -

"We're Tiny, We're Tooney
We're all a little looney
And in this cartooney we're invading your TV
With comic dispensers we crack up all the censors
On Tiny Toon Adventures there's a dose of comedy!"

There was quite a bit more to it but it's been almost 20 years since I last saw the show (whoa, do I feel old saying that).  My mom loved Elmyra because she always wanted to "hug you and squeeze you into itty bitty pieces."  Then there was the character who made the mashed topato man with spsghetti hair.  And of course who can forget Pinky and the Brain.  They did have a spin off show all their own, but as part of the ensemble of characters of Tiny Toon Adventures I believe it was the best use of the comedy.

So many cartoons these days are spiritistic, dumb, crass or just gross.  Granted there were elements of this in Tiny Toon Adventures but this was mild compared to what is available on TV these days.  Since my girls are still relatively little they still enjoy shows like Dora the Explorer, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Chuggington, Sofia the First and Go Diego Go on Disney and Nickelodeon.  PBS isn't left out of their repertoire of shows either - Martha Speaks, Arthur, Curious George and Dinosaur Train are all family favorites.  I don't let them watch Caillou.  I don't like the character and the way he whines (I hate his voice).  For me this character instead of teaching my kids anything about proper behavior is a poster child for how to whine and throw fits when you don't get your way.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for deciding to leave a comment. Remember this is a family friendly blog so keep your shared thought PG. If you haven't already, please, follow me on Google Friend Connect or Reader, Facebook and Twitter. Have a great day.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...